Perkins Builders is celebrating over 50 years in the Commercial Construction Industry of Western Australia. Established back in 1965, Perkins Builders has maintained its strong presence in the Perth and South West market, with an increase in portfolio of projects and size. Perkins Builders has been proud to deliver the construction of a number of landmark Western Australian buildings such as Kings Park Frasers Restaurant, the Roy Hill Head Office, the State Basketball Centre, various works at the Perth Domestic & International Airport, and the Bunbury Cathedral. With over 120 staff, Perkins is committed to the development and career progression of its staff, as it builds upon its reputation as an Employer of Choice.
The Perkins Group of Companies consist of four entities:
- Perkins Builders, a commercial construction company which in over 50 years of operation has built a reputation for high-quality construction on a diverse range of projects.
- Perkins Total Project Delivery (TPD), a commercial construction company offering sophisticated design and project management skills on unique projects.
- Commercial Aquatics Australia a specialist in the design and construction of aquatic facilities nationwide.
- Aquatic One, your project partner for commercial aquatic facilities, providing design, documentation and compliance services for every installation.
We are now seeking an experienced Estimator to join our team. The ideal candidate must have commercial construction experience, being responsible for preparing detailed estimates and tenders on high profile and diverse projects throughout Western Australia.
Please only apply if you have experience working in the Commercial Construction Industry.
Our Estimators are expected to:
- Autonomously, and as part of a team, complete the entire tender process
- Provide bills of quantities for the production of tenders, budgets and estimates
- Prepare subcontract tender packages
- Complete tender closing and subcontractor contact
- Establish contract budgets and comparative analysis
To be considered for this role candidates must hold the following:
- A minimum of five years estimating experience;
- Broad knowledge of the Perth construction industry and subcontractors;
- A degree in Construction Management and Economics or Builders Registration or Diploma of Building or a Carpentry Trade;
- The ability to interpret plans;
- Excellent time management skills and be able to work under pressure to tight deadlines;
- Buildsoft, Excel and MS Project capabilities would be highly regarded;
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
Why should I consider Perkins Builders as my next Employer:
- Work for a reputable well known Builder, with over 50 years of proven experience in the industry;
- Perkins is a family owned and run business, where you are more than just a number and your input makes a difference and is valued;
- Perkins works on a variety of quality commercial construction projects, including design and construct projects providing Estimators with new and diverse challenges;
- Perkins has a strong focus on being an Employer of Choice, with a variety of competitive staff benefits available to its team;
Perkins offer attractive and competitive remuneration packages, considerate to your level of experience and value that you bring to our business;
If you hold the above skills and experience we would welcome your resume and cover letter.
Please note we are accepting direct applicants only – no recruitment agencies.