Perkins Builders are currently celebrating over 50 years in the Commercial Construction Industry of Western Australia. Established back in 1965, Perkins Builders has maintained its strong presence in the Perth and South West market, with an increase in portfolio of projects and size. Perkins Builders have been proud to deliver the construction of a number of landmark Western Australian buildings such as Kings Park Frasers Restaurant, the Roy Hill Head Office, the State Basketball Centre, various works at the Perth Domestic & International Airport, and the Bunbury Cathedral. With over 120 staff, Perkins is committed to the development and career progression of its staff, as it builds upon its reputation as an Employer of Choice.
Perkins Builders is currently seeking to recruit a full time Labourer to join our Perth team. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the commercial construction industry, have a telehandler ticket and have a strong work ethic, prepared to travel to sites throughout Perth.
Reporting to the Site Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Following all instructions from the Site Manager;
- Assisting the Site Manager in the coordination of sub-contractors;
- Manual labouring tasks as assigned and accordance with relevant procedures;
- Operate machinery where appropriately qualified to do so;
- Ensure the cleanliness and safety of the site by storing materials correctly;
- Participate in safety activities on site such as Toolbox talks.
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Considerable experience as a Labourer in the Construction Industry;
- A telehandler ticket is highly desirable;
- Proven capacity to work to the high safety standards expected at Perkins Builders;
- A desire and capacity to undertake physical tasks such as manual handling;
- A strong worth ethic, and willingness to follow instruction;
- Pride in your work, with strong attention to detail;
- White Card;
- Valid Drivers Licence; and
- Other tickets and licences relevant to the industry are highly desirable.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic individual, who is passionate about the commercial construction industry. In return, you will be joining a reputable builder, with a strong pipeline of work, offering a permanent position.
Please note, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the quantity of applicants received.